Sunday, February 22, 2009

Queen of Beads Redux








Every time I start a new sock pattern, my Future Ex-Boyfriend (FEXB), tells me that this one is the prettiest sock I've ever knit. I've knit quite a few socks, but this time I think he may actually have it right. This may be my favorite sock ever.

It is the Queen of Beads pattern from the January 2009 Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club made with Knit Picks Essential Kettle Dyed Sock Yarn in the Eggplant color. I also used a slightly larger bead than those included in the January kit (I think these are e-size beads). I stopped the beads when I got to the instep to allow the comfortable wearing of shoes, and improvised a diamond pattern down to the toe.

And may I say the combination is magical. I love the way the beads stand out like frozen dew drops on wild grapes.

I finished the RSC kit and then was faced with the reality of long empty months before the next installment. I decided to make the fun last even longer by knitting a second pair, one pair to keep, one to give away. Perfect.

And I'm throwing in some non-knitting related shots of my backyard taken at twilight a week ago.

Spring is coming! I can see it in the evening sky...

No comments: